Training is a big investment employers make in their work force. When large companies offer training to their employees, it shows how valuable and important of an asset employees are.
But training people is not an easy job. It can be difficult to walk someone through something completely new. It’s unfamiliar, discombobulating, and often a bit tedious. Fortunately, 2D & 3D animated videos can do more than just present your offers to potential customers. They can also engage your staff and facilitate critical training exercises. By using creative 2D & 3D animated videos, you will keep your employees interested, engaged and involved from the start. Your employees will actually learn and remember what they watched because it’s entertaining.
It’s time to throw those old manuals out the door along with old fashioned power point slides, and get your training 2D & 3D animated video now.
It helps your employees understand the business model
Each and every employee is vital to a successful business and overall functioning of the company. Sometimes, it’s not that obvious what goes on “behind closed doors”. Training will help ensure that employees understand how they fit into the companies’ structure, goals, and what they are trying to achieve! Knowing not only your own role, but the roles of others is important for a smoother workflow. As a result, your employees can be motivated and excited about their work.
2D & 3D animated videos not only help your trainees understand your message, but they will retain the information and implement it in their workflow. If there’s something they might have missed or wish to go back and go through again, no problems, they can easily go back to the video and watch it again.
It helps your employees understand career development
Many employees join a company not just for the job itself, but also with a career-building opportunity in mind. In the corporate training video you can include tips and opportunities for advancement within the company when the employee is doing a good job, or show them the potential they may get the chance to achieve. Training videos are there to provide education, information and build confidence in employees who will be able to realize their goals and become even more successful and effective at their positions.
Don’t just tell them, show them
Why struggle to explain and teach something when you can simply show it? Not only is it easier to teach by showing, but it’s also easier to learn by following a straight-forward example. Visual representation of the tasks you want your employees to perform is far more effective than just dictating a set of rules or reading guidelines. Let them actually see how it’s supposed to be done and they’ll quickly learn to do it themselves.
Just press play and you’re covered
Even if your product features or company policies change in the future, you can always simply edit or update your video and still have a perfectly useful explainer video ready in no time. Your 2D & 3D animated video can be showed on any device, anywhere, anytime.
Here are 4 ways businesses can use 2D & 3D animated video for training purposes:
- IT help desk: Internal software can often be difficult to use and even more complicated to explain to new employees. Instead of risking your employees bother the IT department every time something comes up, you can be one step ahead by creating a 2D & 3D animated videos to troubleshoot common issues. Let your employees have the invaluable tool of an explainer video to help themselves.
- Newcomers: There are a number of issues that need to be addressed during on boarding, including company standards and rules. Regardless of how tedious or boring these regulations may be, they are very important. With an engaging animated video you can highlight the most important sections, outline duties and instructions for a variety of internal processes.
- Obligatory health and legal topics: In addition to proprietary regulations, most companies are legally required to address occupational hazards, workplace harassment and other important topics aimed at maintaining a safe work environment. These topics are vital to the integrity of a business, so it’s important that workers are actually retaining the information being presented to them.
- New products and services: 2D & 3D animated video is widely used for presentation of new products. How it works, features and benefits, USPs… Unlimited possibilities for training of sales teams.
Main benefits of using animated video to train your team
Training of your staff is vital to keeping your business on the right track. If you don’t invest in your employees you could find them less motivated and ill-equipped for the job at hand. You may also expect a higher staff turnover, which can become very expensive.
As an employer, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with appropriate knowledge, tools, instructions and guidelines to deliver exceptional work. By providing them with access to animated video content, you can help them without increasing the time spent on off-line training.
Over the years, more and more businesses have turned to animated videos to enhance their internal communications. Compared to other traditional methods, staff training animated videos provide many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Work Productivity – Usually, traditional staff training takes place in a boardroom or off-site, at a time and date set by whoever is running the training. This means the time is more likely suited to the people running the training than those attending. As a result, employees are away from their regular work, which can affect their productivity. Video training quickly solves this problem. The other benefit is they’re likely to be more engaged because they’re not concerned with the other work they could be doing.
- Availability & Accessibility – Unlike off-line training that your staff will take time out to attend, animated video is always available and accessible. This gives your employees the option to access the training at a time that is more convenient to them. A good tip is to make the animated videos accessible from a variety of devices, like smart phones and tablets, so they can view them at any time and anywhere. Using animated video as a training tool means people can refer to the content whenever they need a refresher. You could do this with written content but it’s unlikely they’d read every word. Give them the option of an animated video; they’ll be more likely to review the content.
- Cost Effective – Companies spend significant amounts of money per employee on training and development. Using animated videos can save your company money on off-site training and other expenses that come with it. By creating 2D & 3D animated videos, you are providing timeless material for your employees.
- Breakdown Complicated Information – Complex information and ideas can easily be explained and supported with visuals. 2D & 3D animated video can be useful when it comes to a whole company roll out of a new system or initiative, as everyone can watch and re-watch video content at their own pace until they understand it. This isn’t always possible when someone is doing a presentation to larger crowds. People usually have short attention spans, so in day-long training sessions they’re likely to miss something. Sometimes, it could be a crucial piece of information.
- Help Retain Information – When you add visuals, the percentage of retained information increases drastically. People tend to remember only 20% of what they read, compared to 80% of what they see and do. Huge benefit for the employees is the ability to re-watch specific parts of animated video. This helps new team members to learn at their own pace and ensure they’re properly absorbing the important information they need.
Corporate Training Videos are a must-have it today’s world. 2D & 3D animated video is always there at the viewer’s disposal, even when you can’t be. 2D & 3D animated video saves travel time and expenses, it is constant and can get your message delivered exactly how you want it.
Yes, producing 2D & 3D animated videos for training does take time and money. But the long-term returns outweigh the immediate cost. Take action and create the perfect corporate training animated video!
OK, you realized that you need 2D & 3D animated video for Training purposes. Now what?